Turn that sad, brown, banana frown upside down and convert your bruised bananas & corroding cavendish into confinement cake gold!
We created this recipe to sustain your sweet tooth, without adding extra calories, and it even finds great use for those bananas that have joined the dark side - all while conserving on eggs since replacing some with those bogus bananas! Now that's a quarantine quadruple threat that we're going bananas over!
Warhol's Banana Bonanza Recipe:
Ingredients for cake:
1/3 cup melted coconut oil (you can sub any oil here)
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
1 large egg
4 mashed large brown bananas
1/4 cup of milk (your favorite kind) or water
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cardamom
1 & 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup 'mix ins' - chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans, dried fruit, etc.
Ingredients for frosting:
8 oz softened cream cheese
4 tbsp softened butter
2 tsp. banana liqueur
1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease pans you are using. We used two 6 inch circular pans, but a 9 inch square would work well too.
2. Beat honey and oil together with a whisk, add eggs one at a time and beat well. 3. Add mashed banana and milk (or water), and mix well.
4. Add the baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, salt and cardamom, whisk to blend. Then add in flour and mix until juts incorporated, some lumps are fine. This is the point to fold in any mix ins.
5. Pour into greased pans, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean, let cool before frosting.
1. In a large bowl with electric mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer, add softened cream cheese and butter and beat together until fluffy.
2. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and banana liqueur and mix until it is incorporated. Then continue to beat to fluff it up and incorporate fully.
3. At this point you can separate icing if you would like to color it. Spread icing over cake and decorate with different colored icings.